11 Oct 24 — 28 Sep 25
Hans Christiansen (1866—1945) is one of the most outstanding creative minds of German Art Nouveau. In 1911, he left Darmstadt, selling the „Villa Rosen“, which he had designed as a total work of art, and permanently relocated to Wiesbaden. Here, he lived with his wife and three children in a very prominent location at Wilhelmstraße 17 until his death. He had already designed the façade of the villa of architect Friedrich Werz in Wiesbaden at Dambachtal 20, which still stands today, with its decorative frieze of abstract floral motifs.
This exhibition is a first step toward increasing the recognition of this, in Wiesbaden, yet underappreciated artist. Featuring objects from the Kirsch Collection in Mannheim, the work of Hans Christiansen will be extensively exhibited and explicated to offer a new and vivid presentation of this Jugendstil artist whose work is so intimately connected with Wiesbaden.